Having pets is a gracious habit. But controlling and keeping your pet especially dog inside a particular boundary is easier said than done. One way is to chain your dog but it’s practically not possible all the time. Therefore, some intelligent and curious dog holders have come up with a clever solution accredited as Invisible Dog Fence System.
It primarily is a wired fence that is placed under ground. It generates an electric shock and creates an invisible boundary around the marked field. Thus, it is an invisible dog fence that is wireless, in-ground and hidden and provides dog safety without any physical craftsmanship. It is also called Electric Fence. As it’s a new procedure and is in its growth process, therefore includes a large number of pros and cons, some of them are as under;see this site www.qualitydogfence.com
Pros of an Invisible Dog Fence:
1. Physical fence is not required.
2. You don’t have to change your yard’s landscape.
3. It provides freedom and safety to your dog, both at the same time.
4. It is highly advisable in towns and cities having strict fencing laws.
5. It protects your dog from traffic, strangers and other dangers present on the other side of the in-ground dog fence.
6. It is a DIY (Do it yourself) project, thus you don’t need to be an electrician to install it.
7. It is also cheaper than other physical fences.
8. It also trains your dog.
9. It works in any size yards.
10. It can be practically placed anywhere including wooden areas and underwater.
11. It is easy to maintain. Very less upkeep is required.
12. Its indoor model is also available. Therefore, you can also install it inside your home too.
13. You can even move it with you to your new location.
14. Some indoor models are portable too. Thus, you can take it with you when going out.
15. You can still take your dog on walk outside the wireless fence boundary by taking off the invisible fence collar at the time.
16. Most invisible dog fence companies also train your dog to respect the hidden fence boundaries.
17. You can also get two invisible fence collars for the same wireless dog fence if you have two pet dogs.
18. Level of electric shock can be customized.see page at http://www.sheknows.com/pets-and-animals/articles/1118959/invisible-fences
Cons of Invisible Dog Fence:
1. Invisible dog fence becomes useless if there is a power cut.
2. A panicked dog can run out of the in-ground fence boundary and could not come back inside due to the electric shock.
3. The system works for the dogs wearing the invisible fence collar therefore it can keep your dog inside the wireless fence but cannot keep other dogs and wild animals outside the hidden dog fence.
4. Some dogs can also outsmart the invisible fence boundary by finding any loopholes in the system.
5. You must check batteries regularly.
6. Installation process can be long and tiring.